With his inside knowledge of English archives, Peter Foden can provide a unique genealogical research service, going beyond the mainstream sources to solve ancestral puzzles and compile wide, rich and deep family histories for his clients. By harnessing such skills, you will have a chance of accessing up to seven centuries of your ancestry.
Examples of past projects:
- Three clients sharing the same surname had found common ancestors and traced them back to the start of parish registers. By collaborating and sharing costs they were able to hire me to pick up the trail in manorial court rolls and follow it right back to 1389.
- Client had traced his ancestors back to a marriage in 1616 but could find no earlier record in the parish; I found out where they had come from (and why they moved) and found two earlier generations including a change of surname.
- Client had gone back to a baptism in 1699 with no earlier records for the surname locally; I spread a wider net, looking for clues, found where they came from and traced back another four generations to a will made in 1572.
- Client in New Zealand was stuck because an emigrant ancestor who arrived in 1860 had lied about her age when married in order to cover up the illegitimacy of her eldest child (she had also lied about her own father's name because she was herself illegitimate). I unscrambled all the facts & motives and identified her and her husband's families going back three generations further.
- A client was stuck in the 19th century because there were two individuals with the same name; I identified their ancestor and then traced the male line back to a couple married in 1606.
Whether it is an entire family tree, presented in digital, book or chart format, or the solution to a family mystery or research logjam, Peter and his network of professionals are highly capable and meticulous researchers.
|Mr Peter Foden was most professional and complete in his findings of my research quest. His information was very helpful and continues to unlock more each day. Thank you!|
Payments can easily be made from all parts of the world via Paypal. Request a quotation for your family history project using this form: